Saturday, July 22, 2023

EAT CAKE

 EAT CAKE

The wonder of life.
Don’t ask about the meaning of life. There is none. Just celebrate you are alive. Eat cake.

More life after death? No evidence. Besides I want to spend eternity as I spent the first 14 billion years.
Celebrate your birth. Birthdays are days to celebrate the wonder of life. Eat lots of cake.

Every day I tell myself it will never be any better than today. But I also tell myself this is the best day of my life. I can relax and do pretty much as I please. I am not in perfect health, but my brain still functions. I am still capable of love and empathy. 

I can see the small, good things and the small bad things don’t bother me. I would say I am the happiest, the truly happiest, I have ever been. I do wish I had a few things I could do over, but I can avoid looking back without much effort. I don’t have a lot to look forward to, but that does not bother me. For once, I can live in the moment knowing I don’t know how many more I have left.

I have no secret to longevity mainly because I don't qualify to express it yet. But here is my preview: WORK. I mean something for which you have some emotional energy. Any work you love. If it’s right for you it is not hard but all the rest of us marvel that you are still doing it and it means something to someone other than you.

bill@spriggslawgroup.cpm

No comments:

Post a Comment